ISO 14001 certification address all environmental issues of a management system. This is a certification of environment management system. EMS can be implement in any nature of business. Today ISO 14001 certificate is first choice of organisations worldwide to evaluate effectiveness of this environment management & pollution control activity. ISO 14001 certification is not only applicable to polluting units but also it can be given to non-polluting units for their environmental activities.
Environmental Management System
By achieving ISO14001 certification you will be able to clearly demonstrate your commitment to reducing waste and recycling materials where appropriate. The benefits to your organisation will not just be in cost savings, they may also prove beneficial when tendering for new business.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2004 Certification
- Improvements in overall environmental performance and compliance.
- Provides a framework for using pollution prevention practices to meet EMS objectives.
- Increased efficiency and potential cost savings when managing environmental obligations.
- Promote predictability and consistency in managing environmental obligations.
- More effective targeting of scarce environmental management resources.
- Enhance public posture with outside stakeholders.
- Increase in process yields.
- Less downtime through more careful monitoring and maintenance.
- Improved utilization of by-products.
- Conversion of waste into commercially valuable forms.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Savings from safer workplace conditions.
- Reduction of costs associated with emissions, discharges, waste handling, transport & disposal.
- Improvements in the product as a result of process changes. Higher quality, more consistent products. More efficient resource use.